Who are we and what is our mission? Team Run is comprised of post-collegiate runners looking to continue their competitive running careers. The Team is designed to provide these individuals with product and financial support based on their performance and individual needs. Affiliation with Marx Running is not a prerequisite. Our mission is three-fold: First, we wish to support talented individuals who have an opportunity to make an impact on the local and regional running communities, especially athletes who may not find support elsewhere. Second, we want to foster the growth and development of the sport that has given us so much. Lastly, the Team will focus on being competitive at the USATF-New England Grand Prix Series. Simply put, we want to support dedicated individuals and help them run fast while giving back to the running community!
New England Grand Prix Race Summaries:
- Sun Feb 24, 2013: Jones 10-Miler, Amherst MA
- Sun Mar 17, 2013: New Beford Half-Marathon, New Beford MA
- Thu Jun 13, 2013: Hollis Fast 5k, Hollis NH
- Sat Jul 27, 2013: Cranberry Carver 5-Miler, Carver MA
- Sun Feb 23, 2014: Jones 10 Miler, Amherst MA
- Sun Mar 16, 2014: New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford MA
- Sun Mar 30, 2014: An Ras More 5k, Cambridge MA
Team Qualifying Standards: Qualifying standards must be met within the current or previous calendar year; i.e. standards achieved before January 1 expire on December 31st of the following year. An athlete must only hit one of the below standards to be taken into consideration for the Team. Discretionary slots may also be awarded pending approval of Team Run management.
- 5k: 16:00
- 5 Miles: 27:00
- 10k: 33:45
- 10 Miles: 56:00
- Half Marathon: 1:15:30
- Marathon: 2:43:00
- 5k: 19:30
- 5 Miles: 32:30
- 10k: 41:00
- 10 Miles: 1:08:00
- Half Marathon: 1:31:00
- Marathon: 3:12:00
Support: Athletes on Team Run who have achieved an automatic qualifying time will have access to the following support.
- Elite Team uniform
- USATF membership fee paid for
- All USATF Grand Prix entry fees paid for
- Non-Grand Prix event entry fees paid for based on performance basis
- 1 pair of shoes upfront
- An additional pair of shoes per every two Grand Prix events
- Pair of shoes for each additional Grand Prix event after four
- Opportunity to earn bonuses based on time standards or Grand Prix performances
Athlete Obligations: Team Run athletes will agree to wear Team uniform at all running events. Athletes must compete in 4 of the 7 USATF-NE Grand Prix events. Athletes are not obligated to attend any practices. Athletes may be asked to volunteer at one running-related event.